Translate this page

Sunday 23 February 2014


Working with Educreations and I-movie

I am no stranger to making movies but I find that the process, rather than being a creative and haphazard one, is much improved when the success criteria are prescriptive and made clear to students.

In this lesson for my Year 9 Malay class, the culmination of the lesson was an interview with native speakers of Malay using a frame. Students were then required to incorporate vocabulary and structures into their own script for this movie.

I differentiated it by having a framework for the interview and script which students could adapt according to their proficiency levels. I also gave them the choice of either creating an itinerary or producing a movie. Some students opted for an Educreations option for their work.

At the end, the students were challenged and excited about their assignment as it was not 'public' as it were and they could experiment with the language.

My challenge now is to compile these videos and get them to present feedback and suggestions for improvement.




No comments:

Post a Comment